About the University of British Columbia
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
UBC is where students will put their education into action and help develop exciting ideas that have the potential to change lives.
From across Canada and around the world, notable scientists, scholars, writers, and students are drawn here. Diverse perspectives are part of everyone’s experience at UBC.
After graduation, scholars will be connected to a global alumni network of over 280,000 people in over 140 countries.
A truly global university
- UBC welcomes students from 151 countries.
- 16% of undergraduates are international students.
- UBC’s Go Global program sends students to 175 partner universities in 42 countries for study exchange and learning opportunities.
- International volunteer opportunities, currently in 6 countries.
- Major international sporting events hosted at UBC include Winter Olympic Games 2010 and Davis Cup Tennis 2012 & 2013.
International Students at UBC
International scholars describe UBC's amazing cosmopolitan community and what it's like to live in Canada.